Looking for veterinary services in Kenai?
Kenai Veterinary Hospital offers a wide range of veterinary services for pets in the following areas:
- Pet wellness and vaccination programs to prevent illnesses
- Animal medical services for diagnosing and treating health conditions
- Pet surgery including spay and neuter
- Pet dental cleanings and treatment to avoid serious dental diseases
- Plus many more!
We know that surgery can be stressful, and we’ll be here to make it a calm experience for your family. We offer surgical services ranging from spaying and neutering to fracture repair. Read more.
Feeding a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy weight can increase life expectancy, quality of life, decrease the risk of many diseases, and more. Read more.
Microchipping helps increase the chances you will be reunited with your lost cat or dog. We use the HomeAgain permanent pet ID system, which should last throughout the life of your pet. Read more.
Euthanasia & Cremation
Our team understands that this may be one of the most difficult decisions you’ll ever have to make. Rest assured that most pet owners struggle with this decision, and it’s not one you’ll have to make alone. Read more.
- Breeding soundness exam
- Timed artificial insemination via progesterone testing
- Artificial insemination (transvaginal or surgical implantation into the uterus)
- Semen collecting and analysis (capable of sending semen to an outside lab for freezing and storage as well as sending fresh–chilled semen to another veterinarian where they may do Artificial Insemination)
- Ultrasound to confirm pregnancy around 35 days of gestation
- Radiographs to confirm the number of puppies and to assess birthing ease are typically done about a week before their due date
- Cesarean sections